This term in Reception we have been getting to know new friends, exploring new surroundings and having lots of fun!
The Reception children had a visit from Claire, Pip and Biggles from Norfolk Raptor Trust. They were delighted to be able to impress Claire with their knowledge of owls.
At Hillside we believe that the Early Years are critical in children’s development and that a good start in Reception builds a firm basis for future learning, development and independence.
We aim to:
- Provide a happy, secure, well-ordered and stimulating environment, where children can develop as independent individuals through interaction with familiar adults and other children.
- Offer a broad and balanced curriculum which extends previous learning and covers the seventeen strands of learning, as set out in the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework.
- Ensure that children develop positive attitudes to learning, self-motivation, curiosity, confidence and responsibility.
- Provide children with first hand learning experiences rooted in purposeful play in which they can become actively engaged, expressing thoughts, ideas and feelings.
- To develop the whole child socially, spiritually, emotionally, physically, intellectually and aesthetically.